Monday, March 30, 2009

I'M STILL HERE

I'm still here in Alabama. I just got a little slack in posting. From Thursday to Saturday we had rain, rain and more rain with lots of lightening and thunder. No flooding around our fifth-wheel, but the entrance to the RV park had water. And from all the TV news reports there were many roads closed because of flooding. On Friday we even heard of a school that cancelled classes because some of their buses couldn't get down the roads to pick up the children.

Saturday it cleared up by noon and the sun came out and it was a steamy 80 degrees and humid. Pam, Denny and I decided to go to the Elberta Festival. This is a yearly festival at nearby Elberta, put on by the fire department and the proceed go to the fire department. We had one of their sausages on a bun, then we checked out the vendors. I think because of the heavy rains, there were fewer vendors and the crowds were way down. We walked right up to the window for our sausage and in years past we have waited 45 minutes. After soggy feet from the wet grounds and listening to the music being played we decided to head back to Gulf Shores.

Sunday we went to church for the last time in Alabama this year. When we left to go to church we noticed many of our fellow RVers had gotten up early and had left the RV park. All weekend long there has been many campers leaving to head back home.

This Monday and Tuesday we will spend getting stuff ready to head back home. I will be cleaning inside and putting things back in their place for travel. Denny will put our bikes on the bike carrier and clean the underneath cabinets.

As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". And we have had a great 3 months with our Michigan friends in the RV park and my sister and her husband. On Wednesday we will head back to Michigan to our family and friends up North. Life doesn't get much better.

"Goodbye until later".

No comments: