At the moment I am sitting in our fifth wheel at the table with a bottle of water trying to cool off after walking 4 miles. It's Sunday and the weather is warm and sunny. There is a nice biking/walking path in front of our RV park. I had taken a week off from walking and decided not to put it off any longer. Denny would usually walk with me but he feels like he is getting a cold. So, as soon as we got home from church I changed my clothes, put my visor, sun glasses and walking shoes on. But before I headed out the door I grabbed my ipod and cell phone.
It's 2 miles up to the corner. I had the path pretty much to myself as I'm making my way down the path. I pass one couple going in the opposite direction. The time seemed to go right along as I listened to Malice (audio book) on my ipod. As I'm walking I'm thinking it's amazing how green the grass is and trees are all leaved out. We had a thunderstorm last night and the ground is still damp and the air is humid. Not many water puddles as the ground is so sandy it seems to disappear fast.
This path is much more challenging than our walking route at home. Lots of curves and a couple of hills to climb up and go down. This gives my legs much more of a workout. At home we are mostly walking on flat ground except when we enter the park path.
The path down here is black topped and centered between the houses and Fort Morgan road. The road has lots of traffic but gives me a sense of security. One can never be to careful.
Once, I reached the corner I called Denny to tell him I was going to look in the book store. That way I could cool a little before heading back. I didn't think to bring some $$ or I could have went to Burger King and bought a drink.
The book store is combined with a video shop. I first checked the cookbooks (mostly southern titles) out along with the 50% off table. Next I check out knitting and beading book. After 10 minutes I decided I'd start back.
As soon as I'm on the path I started to listen to my ipod. This time I'm listening to Allan Jackson but then I thought this would be a great time to call my younger sister. Susan lives in Michigan. I could find out how she was feeling. The last I talked to her she had a cold. This was a great idea because before I knew I was in front of our RV park. Talking on the cell while walking was like I was walking with her. It sure passed the time and I found out how her weekend was going while I walked. The best part was I got my 4 mile walk in.
"Goodbye until later".
Fractured Birds wing way to challenge
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment