Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ONLINE



Finally I'm online again. Don't ask me what the problem was because I have heard so many opinions and each person had a different account. My opinion is I don't really think the people running the wireless know what they're doing. Things run much slower in the south and it takes much longer to get things done.


No wireless service from Friday until Wednesday. I need and want my wireless on my computer. Without it I can't check my email, go to Facebook or post on my blog, read other blogs. This is my connection with friends from Michigan. I know I could call but when I write an email I seem to find more things I want to say. I get on the phone and forget to ask or tell the person many things I wanted to. Going to facebook lets me read what friend are doing and view their pictures. My blog lets all of you reading this find out what Denny and I are doing.
Friday, January 9th we went to Erie Meyer Civic Center in Gulf Shores and saw "River Rats" (Picture above). This was a Branson style show with music and comedy. The tickets were free. The city of Gulf Shores wanted to show their thanks and support this year, the past and the future. The River Rats are made up of three men. Don Mellon, performed with Grandpa Jones and family for seven years on Hee Haw. Don Jones performed with Novel Felts and the late Charlie Rich. Brent Moyer writes his own songs and has been on Broadway. The group has been together for ten years. They played a variety of old songs including western, swing, blues, ragtime, ballads and old pop tunes, topped off with rib splitting clean humor. Denny and I enjoyed the show and would recommend going to see them if your are ever where they are preforming.
Denny has joined a Michigan horseshoe group. I'll post more on the horeshoe group later. We continue to walk and ride our bikes. We have gone to the movie Tuesday and saw Grand Torino. I give this movie a 4 star. If your a fan of Clint Eastwood movies. You'll enjoy this movie. I am almost finished with the granny square afghan. I'll post a picture when completed. I also am in the process of finishing my strip afghan. Then I'll be onto another project.
"Goodbye until later".

3 comments:

Pricekids said...

Another good reason to see Grand Torino is that it was made in Michigan.

Pat said...

You are so...right.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - you are back on-line.

Anita