Thursday, January 29, 2009

LITTLE RED BIRD

This blog is for my friends and family in Michigan. Soon you will all see all the birds that go south for the winter in the green trees and bushes.


This red bird was outside my window the other day just sitting in the brush. Not a care in the world. I'm sure it's a cardinal but it is so small.
It must be getting lots of worms because it's quite fat. It is a male because they are bright red.


I was sure once I took a picture and the camera flashed it would fly away. That was not the case it seemed like it stayed in the bushes for ten minutes.


Hope you enjoy!


"Goodbye until later".

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How pretty! We actually get a couple cardinals (one male and one female) that like to perch in the green hedges along the property line in the backyard. The male looks especially pretty against the dark green and the snow...but I look forward to seeing them perched there in warmer weather!

It's so nice to see everything that is going on with you down south. Keep the blog posts and facebook updates coming!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your cardinal. I need to use my camera more often and try to capture the birds eating the birdseed right outside our sunroom window.

It will be nice to see the green grass, leaves on trees and flowers again, as well, as some birds that will want to fly back to Michigan.

Love-
Anita