
Ya Hoo!! I completed my granny square afghan last week. When I decided to put the squares together I discovered I was missing one green square. It takes 4 different colors of yarn to make one square. I just happened to bring 2 skeins of green yarn with me. I was thinking I would use up the yarn and make a pair of slippers. I had the black skein of yarn because that is the color I had to use to put the squares together. But I was missing another color green. A lime color. What was I going to do?
Anita said she would look to see if I dropped a square while packing or send any yarn I might need. The problem was I knew I didn't have any of the color of yarn I needed left at home.
This is when having a sister came in handy. Of course you need a sister that knits and has a stash of yarn. I asked Nancy if she thought she might have a green skein that would help me complete my square. She was sure in her stash there would be someting I could use. The skein I needed was laying right on top of her stash. The exact color that matched my other green squares. I still can hardly believe it, but within an hour and my sister's contribution to the one green square I needed I completed the square I needed to finish this afghan.
It took me a week to put this afghan together. After laying the squares out on my bed to look like the finished project. I than began to overcast the edges of each square with right sides facing together. Once each row was put together. I now had to began to attach the rows together.
I do like the way the granny square afghan turned out. This is the first of my projects I brought with me to be completed and it will come in handy with the cold nights while we're in the trailer.
"Goodbye until later".
3 comments:
I absolutely love the granny square afghan. Know what? I did look at your house for the missing square & nowhere to be found.
Love,
Anita
The afghan came out great! Looks very cozy! :)
I sure am glad Aunt Nancy had the yarn I needed.
Post a Comment