Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NEW RECIPES

I found a couple of recipes in the Baldwin Register. We are in Baldwin county while we are in Gulf Shores. I was told this is the largest county in the US. I put each of these recipes in my Master cookbook on the computer. I'm also going to share them with you.

MEAL-IN-ONE
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 large bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 16 ounce container sour cream
1 24-ounce container cottage cheese
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper in skillet. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
In slow cooker, layer one-third of the potatoes, meat, sour cram and cottage cheese. Repeat twice.
Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours sprinkling Monterey Jack cheese over top durning last hour.
Serve with red or green salsa.
Note: For a cheesier dish, prepare another cup of shredded cheese and sprinkle 1/2 cup over the first layer of potatoes, meat, sour cream and cottage cheese, and another 1/2 cup over the second layer of these ingredients. 6-8 servings

If I make the above dish for us I will have to divide the recipe in half. Also, I would not want a cheesier dish but some of you might want it cheesier. Your choice.

EASY CROCK POT STROGANOFF
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound beef sirloin or stew meat, cubed
1 can beef broth
1 cup sour cream
12 ounces egg noodles, cooked
Combine soup, broth, and beef. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Switch to high and cook for 3-4 hours. Add sour cream and cook 20 minutes more. Serve over hot buttered noodles

This recipe looks especially easy and one I'll try while we are down here. I like recipes I can put in my crock pot, go have fun and come home to my supper. I will diffently let you know if I make either of these recipes and I'll look for more new recipes to post.

Let me know if you try either recipe.

"Goodbye until later".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes. Dave and I are always looking for new meals to feed the Clark family.

Love-
Anita

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes. Dave and I are always looking for new meals to feed the Clark family.

Love-
Anita

Anonymous said...

oops - my comment published 2 times. :)

Pat said...

I remember from last year they always have some recipes in the paper. I'll publish more as I see some that look good.