
While Denny was working on the yellow boxes (one of my earlier blogs) when we had a great idea that he could make a side table for Chris & Lisa and Dave & Anita for Christmas. I have one of these tables beside my recliner. And every night I use it for my drink, magazines, directions to what I am knitting or crocheting. Last year I took it with me when we went down south to use in our fifth-wheel. I would be lost without my side table.
Next, Denny took measurements from my side table and began the process of cutting each piece out of the oak we bought. There is a top, bottom, two legs and connecting pieces. He then put an edge on the tops and bottoms.
These tables are make of oak, stained in golden oak and four coats of polyurethane on them. The side table will fit nicely in their trailer or wherever they want to use them. It is so nice to have a handy man living right with me.
Beings we celebrated our family Christmas this past weekend I could now post a picture of Denny's special project.
And you might have noticed there are three side tables. Yes, I have one for our fifth-wheel now.
"Goodbye until later".
3 comments:
We were so surprised and thrilled with our side table! Ours is sitting in our living room at the moment, but I CAN'T WAIT to use it in our trailer next year! Dad, you did such a great job on them. We're so fortunate that we get to benefit from your talents. Thanks again...we love you!
Those look great! He's so talented. I need to hire him to build us a table and benches that better suit our small kitchen!
We love our side table too. Right now it is positioned next to our glider rocking chair in the den. The table matches the oak on the chair perfect. Thanks again Mom & Dad for the very special gift.
Love-Anita & Dave
Post a Comment