Thursday, December 4, 2008

TREADMILL VS. WALKING OUTSIDE

You may have noticed I am still putting mileage on my Miles Walked and Biked box. Right now while the weather is below 32 degrees outside and our roads are snow covered and icy. I have elected to walk on my treadmill indoors. I still get my miles walked each day. There are pros and cons to the treadmill vs. walking outside.


TREADMILL
*I can wear whatever I want, to walk in. No one will see me.

*I can watch any show on TV while I'm walking.

* This gives me time to think about the things I need to get accomplished.

*I don't have to walk when it's cold or on the icy roads.

*I can stop whenever I wish because I don't have to walk back home. (But I do want to get my 4 miles in so I don't)

*I sweat more.


WALKING OUTSIDE
* I get to walk with my friend Beth and hear whats happening in her life.

* The time seems to go faster.

* We always notice something new as we are walking.

* There is no phone ringing. (Unless someone calls me on my cell)

* You can take a different route each day.

*I have to worry about walking when the roads are icy. I don't want to fall and break something.


"Goodbye until later".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl--you inspire me to keep on "walking" too. I often think of you while on my treadmill or talking a walk outside with Dave (and the dogs).