
'tis the season...for our Sherman family dinner. We call it Sherman but no one that attends has the last name of Sherman. Yes, some of us are decedents. I should say all of us are decedents. We hosted this dinner yesterday.
It was 11 days before Christmas and it was my turn to host the family dinner. I was suppose to host dinner last year and the night before the party I came down with the flu. I had to cancel and Denny was left putting away tables, chairs and Christmas dishes.
This year we are all a year older and some more kids. No matter how many kids or adults we always find the room and have a great time. We get together eat, drink and update on our daily lives.
When I first planned this dinner I had to decide what was for dinner. I chose Mostaccioli. Next I evited everyone with a computer invite. There was a selection of side dishes on the evite each guest had their chose of a dish to bring. Relatives then respond to the evite and I know who has RSVP and what side dish they want to bring. What could be simpler. All I had to do is provide the seating, drinks, some appetizers, Mostaccioli and of course toys to keeps the kids busy.
We all had plenty of good food, conversation and one of our newest additions (Benjamin) was held most of the day by each of us.
"Goodbye until next time"
1 comment:
Nice picture of the back of my head!
Post a Comment