Thursday, December 18, 2008

PROJECT TO COMPLETE


I have decided this year while I am down south I will take some projects that I started and never finished for one reason or another. Or bought and never got around to starting. If you are a crafter you know what I'm talking about. I have no excuse now that I'm retired.

One of the projects is a crocheted granny square afghan. I cannot tell you how long I have had this project but I think at least 20 years. When we moved to the Potter Rd. house it moved with us. Then when we moved into our condo it moved with us again. We're not planning on moving again but this project is going to be finished and put to good use.

I dragged it out of it's storage box and read the directions to see what needed to be crocheted to finish this granny square afghan. I need 2 green squares, 2 orange squares, 24 gold squares. I probably didn't finish it because I discovered I needed more yarn. In the storage box was a small amount of green. A skein of brown and tan.
After going to JoAnn's I can tell you I couldn't match the yarn color exactly and couldn't match the orange at all...so, change of colors. This shouldn't surprise me after 20 years who would think the yarn colors would match? I will mix the granny squares together. New squares and old squares. When I get to the point that I can put these squares together to make my afghan it will probably hardly be noticed, the new yarn being used.

It will keep us warm and no one will care about the granny squares that don't match. I have started to make more granny squares and I realize I probably put this project up because I ran out of yarn and got sick of making granny squares. When I finish all the squares there will be 143 granny squares.

I will complete this in 2009. Hopefully in the early part of the year.

"Goodbye until later".

No comments: