Friday, November 7, 2008

Better Half

My better half is traveling on one of his charter bus trips today. This is one of his many part-time retirement jobs. Today he goes to Jackson, MI and picks up the passengers takes them to Bloomfield Hills and drops them off.


He will then have a five hours wait until his next pick up. Knowing him he'll get something to eat and maybe he will see a movie, read his paper or just take a nap.

His next pickup is in Birmingham, MI and those passengers he'll drive to Lake City, MI. Probably a four hour drive. This will end his trip but he will then have to drive back to drop the bus off and then head home. His day won't end until late evening or early morning.

These bus trips he enjoys. Not me :(. You couldn't pay me enough $$ to drive one of those charter buses. I enjoy myself at home. When your retired and every day your together it's nice for a little alone time. I'm sure my better half feels the same way.

I have been very productive today. I did the laundry, cleaned our wood floor, baked some Oatmeal cookies...Mmmm. I then took my daily walk with Beth and went to the bead store. As much as I have enjoyed my alone time I'm looking forward to my better half coming home later tonight.
"Goodbye until later"

2 comments:

Pricekids said...

I'm with you, no way I could do that job. My two hours of driving per day is my limit.

Anonymous said...

Keep the words flowing, Mom. Great job on your blog.

Love-
Anita