Monday, November 10, 2008

Great Weekend

We had a nice weekend. Saturday night we went to Black Forest restaurant to eat dinner with Anita and Dave. From there we went to Bronners. No purchases were made and there was to many people to look leisurely. We still had quite a bit of time to waste before going to Frankenmuth Center Stage to see RedHill. Anita and I decided Hallmark was our next stop.

Denny and Dave stayed in the car while Anita and I took in all the Christmas displays in Hallmark. The only purchase their was a retirement card and two melting candles. We did bring Denny and Dave a small candy treat out for being so patience.

Denny then had the idea to go to Meijers. We back tracked and went to Meijers. Looked around and everyone picked up a soda and M&M treats. Now it was time to head to Frankenmuth Center Stage. RedHill started right on time at 8PM. In the beginning their soundman didn't have the sound sat up right. We could hear guitars, drums and no vocals. But it didn't take long and it was adjusted. Julianne the lead vocal was very good backed by veteran musician-songwriters Greg Michaels, Ramon Landico and Doug Bridges. They entertained us for an hour and half and we were on our way home.

Sunday afternoon Chris, Lisa, Christopher and Ian came up. It's always enjoyalbe to visit with our son and his family as they live an hour away and we don't see them as often as we'd like. In the back door came Chris, Lisa and Ian. Christopher went to our front door and rang the door bell. I went to the door and asked "who's this boy?" Ian replied from inside "that's my brother."
The fun begins and not a dull moment on an usually quiet Sunday afternoon. I won't bore everyone with the details but at the end of the day the boys get cookies and milk before leaving. I had homemade molasses and oatmeal. I asked each grandson which cookie was their favorite? Christopher replied "oatmeal". Ian's favorite was "asses". And I didn't make a typing error.

This was a great weekend when you get to spend time with both your kids and grandkids
"goodbye until later".

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We had such a good time yesterday too! Thank you again for the delicious dinner, for the boys' haircuts, and the good company. We always have fun going up to visit at your house.

Christopher got compliments today at school for his haircut too!

Anonymous said...

We also had fun with you & dad on our Saturday night out on the town :)
Love-
Anita & Dave