I don't know how many of you watch The Oprah Winfrey show. I do and last Wednesday's show was Clean Up Your Messy House Tour. Peter Walsh and his clutter crew went to various homes of people living in New York City. Some of these people were reluctant to let Peter in but when he said he was from the Oprah Winfrey show, they said "come right in".
First, they gave us a tour of their clutter. Next he would show how quickly it could be cleaned up by sorting. Such as clothes piles in the bedroom. Peter would have the person sort by need, throw out and give away. Most clutter Peter could pickup in 15 minutes. Peter would then send the person away for a couple of hours and he and his crew would makeover the room with the clutter.
I'm not a person that has much clutter but one thing I've learned that I might try is when Peter went back to show the person the makeover room. In one closet he hung all the clothes hangers backwards. Each time one wears a piece of their clothing they hang it back the right way. After six month anything that is still hanging backward should be given some thought as to if you really need it. I know I have a lot of unworn clothing. I don't know why I hang onto it except I think I might need it sometime.
I would like Oprah to go back to some of the homes they helped to clean the clutter in six months. I'd like to see if they kept it clutter free.
"Goodbye until later".
Fractured Birds wing way to challenge
6 years ago
1 comment:
I did see part of that Oprah show too. I agree with you & would like Oprah to revisit some of the houses of these guests. Good idea about the clothes hangers - I didn't see that tip.
Love-
Anita
Post a Comment