Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Last Good Day


You ask why I say the last good day? Every day my neighbor Beth and I walk 4 miles and some days we walk even more miles if we decide to take books to the library or letters to the post office. In Michigan it's rare that on November 6th we could walk in our short sleeve shirts as we take our morning walk.

Yesterday and today we were able to enjoy sunny warm sky's with the temperature high in the 50's as we made our way down the black top street. We are lucky to live near a recreational park that we can walk through. I should have taken pictures sooner to show the thick brush and tall trees. But I always forgot my camera until this morning. Now the trees have dropped most of their leaves and the thick brush is just sticks. Most mornings we meet other walkers or runners. Some people have their dogs and others have their headphones over their ears. As we pass by the tennis courts we see the same faithful tennis players playing tennis.

Walking is most beneficial to me as I think it helps to maintain my blood pressure, it relieves any stress, helps me upkeep my weight and studies show it's beneficial for your bones. I do need good bones as I broke my foot last December.

Beth and I have been walking all summer and now into the fall. We have walked through rain and the heat of the summer. During the rain there was no lightening or thunder. We are not that dedicated.

But this is an enjoyable form of exercise and the only cost is a good pair of shoes. I do suggest a walking partner as the times goes much quicker and before we know it our walk is over for the day.

I am sure we will have more sunny skys but the weatherman is predicting cold temperatures and rain showers for tomorrow. It won't be the best day for walking but we will be outside on our morning walk with warmer gear on. We do take the weekends off.
"Goodbye until later"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog grandma. And Nice creative writting. Can't wait to see more. Love Yah

Pricekids said...

How come all the nice days are days that I have to work!?!? Love Chris

Lisa said...

I feel like I've been out on your walks with you and Beth, just from your writing alone. I wonder if that counts as exercise for me? ;) The boys and I have been enjoying this last warm spell too. After this, I'll be surprised if we are able to go without jackets again until spring.

Love, Lisa