Monday, February 16, 2009

MY INTRODUCTION TO PODCASTING.

I have to begin by telling you when I was introduced by my son to a podcast. I really didn't know what he was talking about. But I went to http://www.itunes.com/ and begun by looking under Podcasts.

I have an ipod that my husband bought me for my birthday and have uploaded songs, an audio book from our local library and now podcasts. I love this ipod. I can take it with me anywhere and I can listen to music, audo books, videos, play games. Lately I have been uploading podcasts.

To begin, I went to itunes, then podcasts and then Old Time Radio. I uploaded a mystery and a thriller. These were fun to listen to, but just not what I wanted to listen to all the time. If you look around there are many, many podcasts.

I started out by listening to Knit Picks by Kelly Petkun from Vancouver, WA. It's all about knitting. You will find some of her podcasts interesting and some not to your liking. But if you don't like it, then you just don't finish listening to the episode. If you don't have an ipod you can go to: http://community.knitpicks.com/profile/KnitPicksPodcast and listen to any of Kelly's podcasts. You will get book reviews, casting on techniques, projects she is working on and she'll tell you what podcast she is listening to. That is just a few of her many podcast episodes.

I find with by ipod I can iron, knit, wait for a friend to finish details on buying a new fifth-wheel as well as listen while I am waiting for my sister's airplane to come in. If I am on the computer I don't want to sit and just listen to a podcast. But it is a way to get introduced to the world of podcasting.

I just recently uploaded these podcasts: Cast On - 2, Limenviolet, Stash and Burn and Sticks and Strings and Australian podcast. Of course they are all knitting because that is what I am interested in listening to right now.

There are so many podcasts on arts, business, comedy, education, games & hobbies, health, TV & film just to name a few. I hope you will find listening to a podcast as interesting as I do. And before I end this posting I must thank my son (Chris) for the introduction to the world of podcasting.

"Goodbye until later".

1 comment:

MaryAnn Chick Whiteside said...

Wow. You really are getting into this new world. It is so much fun discovering new things to listen to.