Tuesday, February 3, 2009

NEWSPAPERS FOR FREE


Right now there are three papers you can get for free. These papers are not like the Baldwin Press Register that we pay to receive each day right at our door steps. These papers do not have any sports in them only if it's reporting on some senior sport league. No national news. Just local news. And no inserts stuffed inside.
The Snow Birds is a retirement paper. It gives the snowbird clubs, their news and phone numbers. A February calendar of activities and this pulication had an article about some working retirees. They're also online: http://www.snowbirdsgulfcoast.com/ There is lots of advertising for condos, restuarants, casinos, places to visit and a list of Mardi Gras parades.
The Mullet Wrapper comes out a little more often and again has lots of advertising, great places to eat , news around the area and salons. They are big on art down here, so lots of art places and even classes you can take in art. Also in the Mullet is a Funny Bones section by George Ridder. George wrote: An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbeaers. In her handwritten instructions for her memorial service, she wrote. "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead"
They are also online http://www.mulletwrapper.com/

The last is the Pelican. Inside this paper gives you more place to eat. They must think the snowbirds are looking for some place to eat all the time. Well, what do I know maybe some snowbirds are. Lots of lunch specials. That is the best time to go and eat. I saw an ad for computer repair. We don't need that because we have our own personal repair person of which I am keeping secret. I don't want to share. Inside is a calendar of things to do. There is so many activities to do while we are down here I need my own personal secretary just to keep it all straight. I do not see a website for this paper but they do have a classified section.

Three pretty good papers to keep us up to date on all the activies and the best part they're Free.

"Goodbye until later".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also love the recipes you find for us in your Alabama newspapers.